How do I vote?
1. Check your Maryland Voter Registration
This is easy to do. Click this link and enter your name, birthdate and zip code.
If you are registered in Maryland: Your voter record has valuable information about your party affiliation, polling locations, voting districts, etc.
If you are not registered in Maryland: You will be prompted to complete a voter registration
Please note that Maryland offers same day voter registration at in-person polling places. There are some paper-work requirements for same day voter registration.
2. Decide How you want to vote
Maryland offers Mail-In ballots (paper and electronic), early in-person voting, and election day in-person voting.
Early Voting - In Person
- Thursday, October 27, 2022 through Thursday, November 3, 2022 (from 7am to 8pm)
- Howard County has 5 early voting centers - detailed address information can be found on this webpage.
- The Bain Senior Center
- Gary J Arthur Center
- Meadowbrook Athletic Complex
- North Laurel Community Center
- Saint John Baptist Church-Community Hall
Election Day - In Person
- Tuesday November 8, 2022 (from 7am to 8pm)
- Your polling location can be found on your voter registration card, or you can look it up online
Mail In Ballots
- If you want to receive your ballot by mail, your request must be received (not just mailed) by Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
- Instructions for completing the mail-in ballots will arrive with the ballot.
- You will need a black pen
- You will return your completed ballot by mailing it, putting it in a designated drop box or delivering it to the Howard County Board of Elections
Exercise your rights and vote!
Do you like this page?