This year is the 100th year anniversary of the 19th Amendment, women’s right to vote in federal elections. You may not know, however, that it’s also the 100th anniversary of the League of Women Voters AND the 74th anniversary of the League of Women Voters of Howard County (LWVHC)! Please show the League some love by gifting it a special contribution this Valentine’s Day.
Your charitable donation will help the League of Women Voters of Howard County make democracy work in these ways:
● Register voters
● Organize the Annual Legislative Brunch
● Provide testimony to the County Council and the General Assembly
● Offer televised candidate forums
● Print Voter Guides for the Special, Primary and General Elections, distributed free of charge to county libraries and senior centers
● Present programs about the environment, foreign affairs, & current events
We are appealing to you because membership dues can't support all our League's activities. Maintaining a year-round focus on making democracy work is costly, so it is critical that you donate to this annual Valentine Appeal.
With your help, we can continue to make democracy work! It is traditional to give an amount equal to the age of our League, 74 years or $74, or a multiple of that number. Since the LWVHC is now a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, your donation may be tax deductible for both federal and state tax returns.
You can make your donation by check, payable to the League of Women Voters of Howard County, Inc. (or LWVHC) and mailed to our address below, or use Paypal online at the League’s website DONATE button.
Do you like this page?